help please, dont ignore

J

jazzyjazzy

hello friends

i am trying to connect my laptop to xbox but with no result,i am trying it for 2 days but futile.I am connecting my laptop to xbox directly through ethernet cable(I havnt changed any setting on xbox or my laptop).Firstly i was connecting it through media connect but someone on this forum said i shud use windows media player 11 which i am trying but neither my laptop nor my xbox detect each other.I am running XP pro service pack 2........plz help me.Do i need to do some change in settings so that my laptop and xbox detects each other or i need to do anything else,plz help.......I am a bit dummy about computers so plz write a bit a details too which can help

regards

If you are trying to get your 360 to share your computers broadband connection then you need to enable ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) on the laptop. Not sure if you would also need a cross-over cable to link the two directly... not tried it myself.

i am trying to share my media on my laptop,so any idea about that, how and what settings should i change.and how to enable ICS on help,plz guide me through

thnx for your reply

regards

I found Media Player 11 to be nothing but grief when trying to get them to see each other so I just got rid of it and went back Media Connect and I was streaming video and music within minutes.

But sir,even media connect was unable to detect my xbox and xbox my laptop

Well it should be pretty simple, you just connect the cable, install Media Connect, turn on the 360, run the test, 360 should then show up on your PC until Media Connect devies, you set it to allow, run the test again on the 360 and bingo.

At least that is how easy it was for me.

and disable any firewall for 5 minutes while you do the test,
Firewalls can be grumpy about not letting PCs talk to the 360 !

on the plus point at least you dont have to pile upstairs to the pc and back down to the 360 10 times just to get things are working!

Denny

I had similar problems

Firstly i removed Media connect as i was told the two conflict and wanted to use Media 11

Then go to libary and allow media sharing , if you can see the Xbox there select and allow, if you can't you have another issue.

Quattro

WEhn you say that you;re connecting the Laptop and 360 directly, do you mean literally? You just have a direct ethernet cable?

If so you will need a cross-over Ethernet cable.

Hmm. I'll give it a go later.

Actually I have just found this.......................

Console-to-Console Connection: Wired"
You can also connect your Xbox 360 console to another console using a standard Ethernet (RJ-45) cable.

Tip

Unlike the original Xbox video game system, Xbox 360 does not require a special crossover Ethernet cable.

Have u checked the network card speed setting on your laptop. I would imagine u need it set to 100Mbps full duplex to talk to the 360, (r u sure the nic card is not disabled on the laptop) when u plug the ethernet into your laptop do u get a link light????

Actually I have just found this.......................

Console-to-Console Connection: Wired"
You can also connect your Xbox 360 console to another console using a standard Ethernet (RJ-45) cable.

Tip

Unlike the original Xbox video game system, Xbox 360 does not require a special crossover Ethernet cable.

Yup but thats console to console ..he wants console to laptop which I highly suspect will require xover

tip buy a hub /switch ..much easier to diagnose

Have u checked the network card speed setting on your laptop. I would imagine u need it set to 100Mbps full duplex to talk to the 360, (r u sure the nic card is not disabled on the laptop) when u plug the ethernet into your laptop do u get a link light????

You could also look at the state of the network card on the laptop when you have the console connected. Check to see whether it has established an IP address and if not you could try setting static unique addresses between the two.

Yup but thats console to console ..he wants console to laptop which I highly suspect will require xover

tip buy a hub /switch ..much easier to diagnose

Nope you dont need a crossover cable, a standard ethernet cable will do just fine.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom