1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please - Denon AVR3805 Not displaying Set-up graphics

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by White_Nemesis, Jun 26, 2005.

Tags:
  1. White_Nemesis

White_Nemesis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone advise how to get the set-up graphics to display on the tv? I have the tv connected via S-Video to the Monitor - Out on the 3805 but nothing is shown when in Set-up mode.
    I would like to check the Auto Set-up values before expeimenting with bi-amping. These do not come up on the display of the 3805.

Any help much appreciated

2. warwick

warwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I had the same problem when I first gone mine.

I assume that you've got your DVD player connected via component to the amp.

The 3805 doesn't "overlay" the graphics on the component inputs - so to solve it, I also connect via s-video, and the amp overlays the OSD's on this input.

3. White_Nemesis

White_Nemesis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nope, DVD is connected direct to tv via RGB scart. I connected the amp via S-Video using the Monitor out connection on the amp to a second input on the tv.
    I am not bothered about overlays in normal use, just wanted to get the Set-up graphics on screen for testing / experimenting purposes

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +893
    Check that you haven't got the Video switched OFF or are trying to access the OSD whilst in Pure Direct mode. Also check that the remote is set to the AMP mode.

5. warwick

warwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I'd still try connecting a video signal to the 3805 - from the problem I had - I reckon it probably needs some form of video signal to sync the OSD onto.

6. White_Nemesis

White_Nemesis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Jase :thumbsup:

Yep, I had Video Off.......DOH!! :suicide: :rotfl: