help please, denon 1908, Source switching.

harty23

Hi, hope this is in the right place and not too silly a question.

I have set-up 1908 with Sky + and PS3. All sounding great.

My question, can I use the Denon remote to switch the Picture source from 1 to the other? I have a newish Samsung TV, M86 i think.

I have put some codes in and can switch the telly on and off with the Denon remote but nothing else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :lease:

dwhite

Distinguished Member
Which inputs have you got the sky and ps3 plugged into? Just pressing the corresponding button on the front of the remote.

Last edited:

dwhite

Distinguished Member
Ah, I see your wanting to program the remote to change the input on the TV! Your not using the video switching ability of the amp. Thats why my suggestion won't work. Don;t know if there is any codes to do this, they probably expect you to send all the video and audio thru the amp and just use the amp to switch.

However for you to do this and keep picture quality you would have to convert your RGB signal from the Sky+ scart to component using a convertor., plug this into your amp using component cable, HDMI from PS3 to amp and then one HDMI cable to TV. You will then be able to use the remote to source switch.

Sorry best I can come up with.

harty23

:D
Ah, I see your wanting to program the remote to change the input on the TV! Your not using the video switching ability of the amp. Thats why my suggestion won't work. Don;t know if there is any codes to do this, they probably expect you to send all the video and audio thru the amp and just use the amp to switch.

However for you to do this and keep picture quality you would have to convert your RGB signal from the Sky+ scart to component using a convertor., plug this into your amp using component cable, HDMI from PS3 to amp and then one HDMI cable to TV. You will then be able to use the remote to source switch.

Sorry best I can come up with.

Think I'll stick with 2 remotes!! :D

Thanks for your help tho. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom