Help Please!! Connecting Ps3 To Orange Livebox

ali35

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone help please, i have an orange livebox and have spent hours trying to connect to ps3:mad: . It recognizes the livebox but when i test connection at end of setup it says internet connection failed:rotfl:
Could this be something to do with firewall on PC? Tried with ethernet cable and worked straight away!!??:confused:

Has anyone else had this problem with orange livebox or is it just me

Thanks for any advice:)

Hi i have the same problem here.I try to enter the wap[24 or 26 number letter]and when i come out he didnt connect,but i notice who when i click start he only show on the screen 6 digit instead of all.It was in the middle of the night so i decide to use a wired connection and work fine.I have to try again and enter the wap numbedr very very carefully,becouse i know for previous experience[wee xbox, xbox 360]is always a matter of try and try and try.I can t be sure who is not other problem,but before i start to mess with firewall etc i think twice:)

have u put livebox into pairing mode before trying to connect and entering wap key ie pressing button 1 on back of live box

Excuse me if you know this...but the key MUST be upper case. I'm using a cable connection to my Livebox for Xbox and PS3, and wireless for the PC & the PSP. Both wireless connections work perfectly but I did forget to put the key in upper case when I set up the PC first of all (poor show as I work with IT a lot) so it connected but failed to authenticate so I didn't get an IP address.

HTH

Hi i have the same problem here.I try to enter the wap[24 or 26 number letter]and when i come out he didnt connect,but i notice who when i click start he only show on the screen 6 digit instead of all.It was in the middle of the night so i decide to use a wired connection and work fine.I have to try again and enter the wap numbedr very very carefully,becouse i know for previous experience[wee xbox, xbox 360]is always a matter of try and try and try.I can t be sure who is not other problem,but before i start to mess with firewall etc i think twice:)

Hi
I have that problem as well lol. Given up on wep key for the moment till i get it connected.

have u put livebox into pairing mode before trying to connect and entering wap key ie pressing button 1 on back of live box

Hi
Yes i did put live box in pairing mode, ps3 recognizes livebox but comes up internet connection failed on test connection.

Excuse me if you know this...but the key MUST be upper case. I'm using a cable connection to my Livebox for Xbox and PS3, and wireless for the PC & the PSP. Both wireless connections work perfectly but I did forget to put the key in upper case when I set up the PC first of all (poor show as I work with IT a lot) so it connected but failed to authenticate so I didn't get an IP address.

HTH

Yes thankyou, after about the first 10 attempts i realized this and changed to uppercase but didnt make any difference:(

mine connected 2nd time around mistake i made was typing 0 when it should be number 0

I wish mine had been that simple:smashin:
Do i have to do anything to the pc? When i click add wireless device in windows vista it doesnt find anything.

Is the WEP key the 26 digit code listed on the box as a 'Security code'?
Help please!!:eek:

Bryan W, you're a genius. It works perfectly now, cheers mate!

I have had alot of trouble connecting my Orange Livebox to things, Printer..my nintendo wii and of course the playstation 3.

I finally connected my PS3 by entering in the large 24-26 code on the box and before clicking start/enter pressing the number 1 button on the box. My PS3 connected instantly resulting in a victory dance after i had been entering in the code for ages!

:clap::clap::thumbsup:

after a couple of month of serious hair pulling, trying EVERYTHING, my livebox still wouldn't connect to my xbox or wii, I finally saw the light and signed up to BT broadband. xbox & wii both connected first try, wooopppeeeeeeeeeeee:clap:

Hi

Can anyone help please, i have an orange livebox and have spent hours trying to connect to ps3:mad: . It recognizes the livebox but when i test connection at end of setup it says internet connection failed:rotfl:
Could this be something to do with firewall on PC? Tried with ethernet cable and worked straight away!!??:confused:

Has anyone else had this problem with orange livebox or is it just me

Thanks for any advice:)
just dump livebox and go with bt, it will connect first time as thats what happened with me and my mate, save yourself the stress

after a couple of month of serious hair pulling, trying EVERYTHING, my livebox still wouldn't connect to my xbox or wii, I finally saw the light and signed up to BT broadband. xbox & wii both connected first try, wooopppeeeeeeeeeeee:clap:

Believe me, you'll regret signing up with BT when something happens and you have to use the customer "service". Worst customer service i have ever used for anything, not just the internet.
Fiber optic virgin all the way now, and no problems what so ever.

I have had alot of trouble connecting my Orange Livebox to things, Printer..my nintendo wii and of course the playstation 3.

I finally connected my PS3 by entering in the large 24-26 code on the box and before clicking start/enter pressing the number 1 button on the box. My PS3 connected instantly resulting in a victory dance after i had been entering in the code for ages!

:clap::clap::thumbsup:
Gingerdoll you are the best after 1year i finally connected to the internet wirlessly otherwise i couldnt even have my ps3 in my room because i needed to connect with a ethernet cable. THANKS

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom