1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Please Component / Composite / S Video

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by p203557, Sep 5, 2005.

1. p203557

p203557

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Help Please :lease:

My DVD player has a S-Video output and a composite video output. I'm shortly going to be connecting it to a new plasma screen which has inputs of either Scart or component. I have an adapter to convert either s-video or composite to component and also an adapter to convert either s video or composite into a scart input.

Which would be peoples advice for the best picture quality s - video to scart, s- video to component, composite to scart or composite to component?

I know the simple answer is to try it when they turn up but I'm trying to sort out the wiring prior to it arriving so I can plan how much I have to hide.

Any advice gratefully received. :smashin:

2. stevos

stevos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +531
    If you display accepts a s-video signal via the scart connector, then go down this route, as it will give a far better picture than you would get via composite.

A s-video to scart adapter only involves rewiring (and not reprocessing the picture) and therefore the adapter can be picked up for less than £5 at your local tele shop (dixons, argos, currys, bennetts, etc).

If your display doesn't accept s-video via the scart then i recommend you purchase a s-video to component or rgb scart adapter (either will do) from somewhere like maplin. If you go down this route then expect to pay around £70.

I hope this helps
    Steve.