Help! Please check my set up.

MrM

Hi guys.

Can someone please check this for me please?

I am not getting any power on my AP from my PoE Injector and I'm not sure I have it wired up right.

My Set up us:

- Talk Talk Wifi Hub.

This has x4 Ethernet ports and x1 (red) WAN port.
I have Firestick and SkyQ connected in Ethernet ports 1 & 2.
I have an ethernet in port 3 that goes to:

- TP Link TL-SF1--SP 4 Port Desktop PoE Switch.

This has x4 PoE ports and x1 ethernet port at the end, marked as port 5.
Cable from ROUTER comes into the 5th end port on the switch.
Port 1 on the switch goes to a REOLINK PoE CCTV Camera at the front of the house and works fine (connection is solid).
Port 2 on the switch is connected to a PoE Injector:

- New Ubiquiti Unifi Poe Injector 24V 12W

This is powered on and the light is showing that is it switched on,
This has x2 ports. x1 POE and x1 LAN.
The LAN port is connected to the network switch
The POE port is connected to an AP

- AP - UBIQUITI SWX-UAP Wi-Fi Access Point PoE

This just has one connection that is connected to the POE port on the injector.
Manual states the AP should have a solid white line when in a ready to connect state.
Upon connection a white light appears and then goes out and the unit has no further lights or activity from there

Could of things

• I checked the power requirements for the AP before I got the injector and ensured it was matching the 24v 12W supply needed.
  • I bought the AP untested from EBay, so cannot guarantee it works as expected.

Firstly, I just wanted to ensure I had things connected up correctly and that I hadn't messed that up really.

Thanks in advance.

ChuckMountain

Distinguished Member
Did you buy it used? If you did it sounds like it needs factory resetting before adoption. You then need to load the unifi software on a PC/phone and setup.

TheHighFlyingBirds

How come you are using a poe injector with a line that is already poe?

MrM

Did you buy it used? If you did it sounds like it needs factory resetting before adoption. You then need to load the unifi software on a PC/phone and setup.

Good morning,
Yes I bought it used from Ebay!
Ah I hadn't spotted the reset pin! I shall try that now (when I find my iPhone sim key)
How come you are using a poe injector with a line that is already poe?
Hi

The network switch as I believe it, is just the switch and does not provide any power capability. I can prove this by plugging the PoE cctv into the switch directly which doesn't power up.

ChuckMountain

Distinguished Member
The network switch as I believe it, is just the switch and does not provide any power capability. I can prove this by plugging the PoE cctv into the switch directly which doesn't power up.

The switch you linked to though is a PoE so should supply power. However there are different PoE standards though and you tend to find the UniFi lower end range require a different standard to what is in the low end switches so need to the PoE adapter.

MrM

Thanks for the tips!

Something so blooming simple. Reset the device twice and it went into set up mode.

Was really easy using the app to link it to set SSID etc.

Thanks all. Running the cable tomorrow for strong WiFi at the back of the house! Finally!

Chuffed!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom