help please benq tk850 about to return it

lobofer86

Novice Member
Hello friends, I hope you can help me, I have a non-dedicated room, which I try to darken to what I can (I'll leave photos), white elite screen, 135 inches, the projector is on the ceiling at about 4 meters, before I had the benq ht3050 1080p, and I was happy but it seemed a bit dark to me and the more hours I used the darker, I understand that from the use of the lamp, I wanted an update that I like, I bought the tk850, I am happy with the brightness very happy, but not I like colors, mustard yellows and dull colors, maybe calibrating I can do something but I'm not an expert in calibration either, I saw the skies on exposed pixelated skies, etc., now I have 30 days to return it to Amazon, and I don't know if when ordering the ht3550 It will also look dark and there is not much difference with my previous benq also that it was 2000 lumens, I do not know what to do, those who have the benq tk850 please if you are happy if you could improve your image etc, I do not know what to do. I'm also concerned about blacks, my older ht3050 saw better blacks in dark scenes.
20210425_191429.jpg
20210424_190926.jpg
20210425_121000.jpg
20210424_131034.jpg
20210424_131403.jpg
20210424_130821.jpg

Petrosmt

Novice Member
Hello friend. Hope you found a solution to your problem. I do not have the TK850 but I do have a very similar setup as yours with a benq projector and same projector screen size.
Please if you could give me some info on what the panels on the ceiling right after your screen do! Are they there for sound defeating or to not have light bouncing back to the screen?
I was very impressed by them, If you could tell me it would be very much appreciated thank you.

lobofer86

Novice Member
Hello friend. Hope you found a solution to your problem. I do not have the TK850 but I do have a very similar setup as yours with a benq projector and same projector screen size.
Please if you could give me some info on what the panels on the ceiling right after your screen do! Are they there for sound defeating or to not have light bouncing back to the screen?
I was very impressed by them, If you could tell me it would be very much appreciated thank you.
hello, they are so that the light does not bounce the white roof works very well and gives you better blacks, they are just black suede fabric on wooden frames

nadg63

Whilst the BenQ HT3550/W2700 is rated as having better colours and pic quality in general it really does need a very dark room to perform properly. I did have a W2700 set up in a dedicated light controlled room and found the pic quality, sharpness, colours etc to be very good, especially for the low-ish price of the PJ.

As for whether it will be better in your set-up than the TK850 I do not know; the TK850 is what BenQ specify for non light controlled environments and not having seen one in operation I cannot compare.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom