Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Help please, before I kick the cat

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by seasider, Aug 23, 2004.

1. seasider

seasider
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm trying to run Sky digital into my PLV-Z1 and am at the end of my tether. I've bought a scart to component converter (from Lektropacks) and connected up with an Ixos scart from the digibox and component cables to the PJ - the result is a spectacular scene of red, green and blue snow on a barely visible image. Running the scart to a CRT tv is fine and the component cables work (beautifully) from my DVD player. I've tried running the scart from my DVD player via the converter and get the same snowy problem. This looks to me like a faulty converter but I don't want to send it back until I'm sure that I'm not an idiot. What should I be looking for (other than checking that the DVD/digibox are set to RGB)?

2. bigmacx

bigmacx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Have you checked the input mode the projector is set to? Maybe it's forced to a certain mode (I can't get my Z1 to automatically detect pal progressive via the component inputs from my DVD player. I have to force the input mode in the menu). Other than that I can't think of anything else for you to try.
    To get RGB into my Z1 I've taken a different route: (from an old post)

Mac.