1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP please!! AV28R25 buzzing centre speaker

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Doogy, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Doogy

Doogy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have been through this site and found quite a few of you have had buzzing centre speakers on AV32 and AV28R25 televisions. Has anyone had any luck in this being repaired or is a replacement set the answer. JVC deny any problems of course and am having a bit of a battle just now in getting my problem resolved.The retailer insists I allow Endeva to look at it first and will not consider talking about replacement/refund until this is done.Fault was reported 3 weeks from delivery. Any advice/info greatly appreciated.Many Thanks:(

2. Stuart Brooks

Stuart Brooks
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you mean the subwoofer? If so, it's definitely worth checking out if any loose wires etc are resting loosely on the inside of the casing, as these will loudly vibrate in tune with the sub!

i had this problem with my Grundig and was v easily cured by bending the wire the other way.

I suppose its possible that a foreign object has entered the case and is lying on top of the sub, short of turning the TV upside-down and shaking it the best option here would be to hoover it out.

Stuart

3. Doogy

Doogy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Stu.......thanks for your reply......it's the centre speaker that's buzzing........think it's probably due to cheap power supply or associated smoothing/decoupling as it is some form of pick up. It does breakthrough to the sub also but not to the same extent. Contacted JVC in the hope they might help but.......they just advise getting an engineer to look at it. Endeva Engineer did agree it buzzed and needed taking to their workshop which I was not happy about as it was only 4 weeks old. However, have just had an email from Debenhams (that was where I bought it from) Head Office (wasn't getting anywhere with my local branch so went straight to their HQ)to say let Endeva take it away anyway, bring me a loan set and Debenhams will get me a new, boxed AV28R25 delivered as soon as possible.:)