• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HELP ! - Please advise on optimum set up

L

lifetronick

Hi people - PLEASE can some one help me. I've waited years to splash out on a 360 and new TV - At last that time has come, but I'm lost trying to figure out what the optimum gaming experience is and how to achieve it. I've noticed a lot of 360 games say '60 Hertz Only' - but when checking LCD TV specs most are listed as 50Hertz. I understand you can change the settings on the console from 50 to 60 Hertz, but what's the use if the TV isn't a 60 or 100 Hertz TV ?

Do you need a 60 / 100 Hertz TV to get the best possible gaming experience ? - Also any suggestions on good gaming 32" Tv's would be much appreciated. Thanks.

PS - Does anyone else think the old CRT Tv's have a better picture quality then the latest LCD's. Every time I go into a shop I'm amazed / disgusted / appalled at how bad the demo TV's are. Even high end Sony's etc all seem to have atrocious picture quality eg - out of focus, blotchy, fuzzy, color saturation, noise etc etc. Does anyone else think there has been a mass 'brain washing' campaign to persuade people into believing the LCD / Plasma 'revolution' ? (I'm talking everyday TV, not HD gaming etc)

Yemeth

Distinguished Member
Most, if not all, LCDs tvs nowadays are 50Hz AND 60Hz. You're tv must be 60Hz capable for some xbox 360 games.

The Samsung LE32R88BD is a good, cheap gaming tv, I have the 37" version and I cant fault it one bit with my 360 Elite. :smashin:
Especially with the optimal settings thread in the LCD forums, you'll get a stunning pic.

Shop tvs are not a good judging basis for tvs. Their settings are usually pumped up to high contrasts, sharpness, garish colors etc. You have to tweak the settings yourself to get a good picture. Some high end LCDs have great SD displaying abilities, such as the Sony KDL32D3000.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom