1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Please! Advice Needed!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Rick1486, Aug 23, 2003.

1. Rick1486

Rick1486
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ref. Refresh Hosting

Hope somebody can help or has some answers.

Basically I took out a package with www.refreshhosting.com earlier this year which also gave me email server(s) so that I could use my own address. All has been well up until Friday 22/08/03 when upon checking my email, outlook express has told me that my account has been suspended - now I don't know why that would be as it's all paid for up front.
    I tried to get onto refresh hosting via their website at www.refreshhosting.com but all I got was a domain lander page and no company any more. I did a whois via 123-reg and it comes back as still taken as a domain as does my own address but there are scant details on the whois as to refreshhosting. I also tried my own web address but again got the domain lander page.
    Does this mean the company has gone bust or is it possible they're victims of these latest viruses circulating?
    If they have gone bust what do i do now? Do I just sign up with another hosting co. ( and if so have you any recommendations) and can i take my rlyons.net address over to the new company or have i now lost that option completely?
    I took out the domain name via a completely separate company which is thankfully functioning normally. Perhaps all I would need to do is change the nameservers for my email if I were to move to another hosting co. - please advise!
    Any constructive comments and help is much appreciated.
    Cheers
    Rick
    RicknRaq@hotmail.com

2. pcdoc

pcdoc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Rick

Try uk2.net them are very good and inexpensive too with most things.

Hope that helps

P.S the url is uk2.net no www in front

3. Rick1486

Rick1486
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks very much mate.

Rick

4. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Or try www.oneandone.co.uk they have a low cost hosting/email package and have an automated procedure for moving sites to them.