Help please - 50/51inch non-reflective screen

MrHiggy

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to source a plasma set with a non-reflective screen for partial outdoor use (partial, as in it won't be completely outside but likely to suffer in bright conditions).

Most reviews don't reference whether the screen is reflective or not so finding it difficult to find.

Budget is around the £500 mark.

Any recommendations?

Unsure about this :facepalm:

I know the Pioneer Kuros (some of them) had a light sensor which compensated for enviromental light changes (but mine didnt seem to help)

For outside purposes I havnt seen anything in the UK yet. If there is it might cost a lot

Your going to need LCD/LED for outside use plasma isn't going to cut it in direct sunlight

It will be going into a portable event unit which isn't fully enclosed so its difficult to know whether it will be get any direct sunlight. My feeling is that it won't but it is likely that bright conditions will create glare on the shiny screens that seem to be the current trend.

So I'm more interested in the matt style screens rather than glass fronted.

Quick trip down to Richer Sounds might be the order of the day to take a viewing.

It will be going into a portable event unit which isn't fully enclosed so its difficult to know whether it will be get any direct sunlight. My feeling is that it won't but it is likely that bright conditions will create glare on the shiny screens that seem to be the current trend.

So I'm more interested in the matt style screens rather than glass fronted.

Quick trip down to Richer Sounds might be the order of the day to take a viewing.
The problem you will find is plasmas have glass fronts which will mean plenty of glare.
Even the VT30 can get it bad in bright light. LED/LCDs is the way forward mate. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom