Help plea - BDPS350 connecting to home cinema

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Bex7, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Bex7

Bex7
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I was wondering if one of you more knowledgable people would be able to help me?

I have just purchased a Sony BDPS350 and am trying to connect it to a Sony home cinema system but with no joy. There are no audio connections that I can see (3 coloured connections) but is an audio out put on the bluray and an imput on the dvd player that comes with the home cinema. I have purchased the cable linking the two but seem to be unable to get audio from the bluray through the home cinema system. The DVD player is working through the speakers fine.

Any ideas?

I am a complete newbie to this stuff so please be gentle!

2. ows90

ows90

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    Difficult to help without knowing the model of the home cinema system, but have you selected the correct input on the home cinema? i.e., change the source selection from DVD mode to TV or AUX mode (should be a button called something like 'Source', 'Input' or 'Function').

Secondly, I take it you're using an analogue stereo phono cable (red/white lead)? In which case, one can get better results by using a digital connection method (but only if the home cinema has some form of digital audio input -- will be able to help further when I know the model number).

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009