1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP- Plasma choice dilemma - Fujitsu?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by NAH, Jun 6, 2004.

1. NAH

NAH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've spent the last couple of days reading the forum (first enlightened but becoming more confused as I read further!!)and you guys seem to be a friendly bunch so I'm hoping you can help me with my dilemma!

I want to buy a 42" plasma for the living room to watch satellite broadcast and DVD mainly.

I had shortlisted the Panny P6 and Pio 434 and went to demo these with a LOTR Two Towers DVD (thought this would help me with the popular 'black' dilemma here).

First up was the Pio 434 which I find aesthetically the most pleasing. As it has the higher res I expected this to be the sharpest and cleanest but was dissapointed by the quite grainy images I saw and the colour banded faces (I even played with the settings but couldn't really improve on this). The blacks I found pretty good though!

The salesman told me that this was par for the course for the 434 and that the Panny was not much better. A Fujitsu was what I needed!

The Fujitsu 42 HHA 30 was what I was shown which was indeed much better on both graininess and colour banding.

I also saw a 50" Pio MX1 (I think) which also seemed better than than the 434.

So now I have these questions:

1.Is the Fuji HHA 30 the same screen as the HHS 30 but without the media box as I was told?

2. Can the HHA be used for DVI/HMDI inputs with a board or other addition and is it a true high def screen as I am told?

3. Do you guys have the same positive experience with this Fuji?

4. How does the cheaper 42VHA 30 stack up ?

5. What is the benefit of high def anyway if there so few sources available ?

Sorry for the long post, hope you can help me here.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

2. Gregorski

Gregorski
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Are you saying you didn't actually see a Panny, just took the salesmans word for it ? With so many people opting for the Panny, I would take a good close look at it and find out why. There must be something special about it as there seem to be some VERY picky people on this forum who have opted for this model...

3. NAH

NAH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    gregorski,

Saw the Panny in a different store as this salesman didn't have one, unfortunately didn't have the DVD with me to compare. The DVD they played look pretty good and the graininess and banding was not obvious, but again a store selected DVD. I will return with the Two Towers next week !

4. jspr

jspr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I've had the Fuji VHA30 for just over 3 weeks now and am absolutely delighted with it. I also previewed the Panny 6 and to be honest I think you would be very happy with either. The fuji seems to have a better scart connection and has something called AVM :confused: which is supposed to improve fast moving pictures (like footie) - haven't seen any footie on a panny but I know the fuji is brilliant for it.

5. NAH

NAH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    jspr,

Thanks for your reply.

Does it have a DVI input or can you get a module ?

Did you also see one of the hi def Fujitsus - the HHA/HHS 30 ?

Anyone else?

6. NAH

NAH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    jspr,

Thanks for your reply.

Does it have a DVI input or can you get a module ?

Did you also see one of the hi def Fujitsus - the HHA/HHS 30 ?

Anyone else?

7. jspr

jspr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    No it doesn't have dvi - although the american version does. I don't think Fuji do a module for dvi, although it should be possible because the connection board is simply a slot-in type. Haven't seen the HD model in action - to be honest after seeing the VHA30 in action I can't believe the improvement could be worth the extra money. (Mind you, I've never seen a HD demo so I probably don't know what I'm missing !!)

8. kacang

kacang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bringing this back alive, The HHA and its brother with the separate box are not really Hi def panels, they are ALIS panels ...

So they are interlaced not progressive.

Erick