• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help - Pioneer XV-BD422B Blu- Ray player amplifier switching itself off.

Alex43

Hi guys.

I need some advice please. My Pioneer XV-BD422B Blu-Ray player amplifier seems to have just packed up. It keeps switching itself off after about any time between 30 seconds and a minute. I have unplugged all of the connections including the speakers and HDMI and it still does it. I have even tried another power cable from an old Pioneer DVD recorder which was compatible and turned it on but still turned itself off.

I think perhaps its a safety cut-out for some reason but I don't know what it could be as I also used a different power cable and plug socket etc. I even opened it up to blow out some dust but still the same result as it wasn't very dusty anyway.

I appreciate any suggestion before it goes out the window :D

Cheers.

peter-d-w

Hi guys.

I need some advice please. My Pioneer XV-BD422B Blu-Ray player amplifier seems to have just packed up. It keeps switching itself off after about any time between 30 seconds and a minute. I have unplugged all of the connections including the speakers and HDMI and it still does it. I have even tried another power cable from an old Pioneer DVD recorder which was compatible and turned it on but still turned itself off.

I think perhaps its a safety cut-out for some reason but I don't know what it could be as I also used a different power cable and plug socket etc. I even opened it up to blow out some dust but still the same result as it wasn't very dusty anyway.

I appreciate any suggestion before it goes out the window :D

Cheers.
I don't think you have many options unless you had an extended warranty on it? It definitely sounds like a major fault and it probably won't make economic sense to have it repaired.

Alex43

Thanks, that's what I thought. Its a shame as its no longer under warranty. I think its just going to end up in the bin.

Cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom