Help Pioneer DV600

paulors

Standard Member
Hi!!

I Have a Pioneer DV-585 DVD player connected to my 37" Panny plasma through component, giving 576p.

I'm thinking about buying the new DV-600, and getting 720p with HDMI.

Does it compensates?

Is there a big difference between 576p and 720p?

Thanks!

BAN5HEE

Well I would say on a small screen like yours it's debatable but 720P is a a step up from 576p. Plus the DV600 is cheap as chips so why not? It's also future proof if you choose to upgrade your screen to something bigger and better it upscales to 1080P.

HenryHonda

Hi,

I recently bought a DV-600 (my Denon 1920 collapses in a heap half-way through any movie!) - and I have a Panny TH-37PV500. In most cases, I find (as I did with the Denon) that 720p gives the best picture.

Probably has something to do with the fact that the 37" Panny's native resolution is 1024 x 720 - so the panel only has to scale in the horizontal. I've tried outputting 576p and let the panel do the scaling in both directions - but the Denon and Pio scalers appear to do a better job.

At the end of the day, it's down to what you visually prefer...

As a bonus, the DV-600 delivers DVD-Audio and SACD digitally over HDMI (1.2a) - you can lose those 6 phono leads for multichannel audio, if you have a compatible amp/receiver (the Onkyo 805 is my next purchase ;)). Only one cable to the panel - brilliant! :thumbsup:

HTH :)

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom