Help Pioneer Dv-575 Problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by nadil, May 4, 2005.

1. nadil

nadil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just received my new DV-575 to replace my DV-444 and I am somewhat disappointed with a persistent 'bug' - the player is hooked up to a Toshiba MT200 DLP projector and the problem is that in certain scenes, certain objects in the scene become extremely jagged, almost sharply blurred. I noticed this happening in LOTR II - it happens in the same places, in once scene it's Frodo's cape that has this effect, another scene it's the legs of the oliphants when they come under attack.

However, I watched several scenes in Private Ryan and found nothing. I was sitting on my couch until midnight like an obsessed fool, switching my old and new DVD players and comparing scenes - the funny thing is I have absolutely no problem on the DV-444. I have tried playing around with the settings, (BNR, switching between Progressive and Interlaced) and nothing! I even tried switching between RGB and S-video inputs and no luck.

I have searched the internet and found nothing on this and am hoping that someone would be able to shed some light on this, since I am considering returning the unit (really hesitant because I have heard nothing but good stuff about the DV-575). I am also in the doghouse with my wife because she thinks I spent 150.00 Euros on junk.

I have attached a rough sketch to give you and idea.

Thanks in advance for help offered.

Attached Files:

2. rickardl

rickardl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    Strange. Did you try using Component in progressive mode as well?
    Is it an R2 LOTR II or R1?
    I might have seen a similar effect in one single scene in my R1 Vertigo,
    but that's about it. I have to have a second look it.

3. nadil

nadil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tried using component in progressive, same thing - however I did not quite understand what you mean by saying R2 - does this mean the release version? If so I will have to check this evening when I get back home.

4. peckhamlad

peckhamlad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    don't mean to be a kill joy But I had similar issues.
    the 575 had superb colours but the sharpness(jaggies) was too much on some films eg starwars, but none on others eg i,robot. I was using a CRT (Loewe Vitros) RGB connection interlaced. It got on my nerves so much I swapped it for a S97

5. nadil

nadil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    *gulp* I'm hoping there is a way around this, because if not I might be following in your footsteps and have the unit returned.

6. sy278

sy278

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40

R2 = Region 2 (UK, Europe Disc)

R1 = Region 1 (USA, Canada Disc)

7. nadil

nadil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using an R2 DVD.

8. nadil

nadil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've taken the decision - I'm going to return it, I guess it's probably worth dishing out a bit more and getting a Denon or an NAD....