1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help pioneer 433mxe broke ???

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by 2Ben, Oct 7, 2003.

1. 2Ben

2Ben

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help my plasma stop.....
    the wife was watching a show and suddenly the screen made a horrible picture in 2 seconds and turned it self off and now blinks 5 short times in the standby LED HELP WHAT has happened.

THANKS Torben

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,471
    Torben

Your display is 'protecting' itself - usually a sign of a Power supply failure.

First off talk to your Pioneer dealer and if that doesn't get you on the road to a repair then talk to Pioneer UK and they will put you in touch with Barron McCann; who carry out all warranty work (and non warranty work too).

Best regards

Joe

Pioneer UK (Service) - 01753 789 810
    Barron McCann (Service) - 01322 866 577

3. 2Ben

2Ben

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help Joe i have called Pioneer and they also said that the PIO 433 have to go to repairs ....

Thanks

Torben

;)

4. miniman

miniman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    just had this happen to mine, barron mc cann fixed it and I had it back in a couple of weeks, bit nerve wracking though!

5. MrAnderson69uk

MrAnderson69uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hmmm, getting worried now!

So, I've got a few questions...

Is this a common problem with PIO 433 ? ...is it mainly MXE's, HDE or either ?

How many hours had elapsed on your panels before they broke ?

When should I expect mine to go ? ...I got it 2 weeks into June 2003 and use it quite a lot as it's the main telly ?

Has anyone else had similar problems but don't want to loose face having bought what's regarded as one of the better panels ?

6. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    No, it's really not that common. I'm sure Joe would say the same, we've both had rental fleets, which take some real stick, and seen loads in domestic installs, in fack my brother in law has one. They are at least as reliable as any other plasma, remember you only hear of people with hassle, it's disproportionate. Check the Hitachi thread, there are so many of them there are bound to be a few less happy. Relax, 99% certain you will be fine. The only plasma I know of and consider unreliable is the Panny 50". I've installed 8, and 5 have gone back at least once...