1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!! Picture Problem on PWD7 thru RXV450

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by is1111, Jun 3, 2005.

1. is1111

is1111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    Anyone have any suggestions to problem i am having with my pwd7 and yamaha rxv450 amp.
    i had xbox and ps2 component cables plugged into amp and component cable from amp to component board on pwd7. everything was fine until i moved my xbox to other room to play it on other tv and now when i went back to play it on the pwd7 i have found that the colour is not displayed correctly.
    picture is fine but the green xbox logo on startup is kind of browny/yellowy/green not bright green and anything i play through it is as if something not quite connected properly.reds also look very dull almost brown/orange but blues whites etc are all fine. if i plug component lead from xbox straight to pwd7 colour is fine. i did see the same problem once when i had gamecube plugged thru amp but on swiching everything off and reloading the game picture was back to correct colour. i occasionally disconnect the component lead from back of screen and plug in gamecube direct to screen (gamecube least played and easier to switch at back of screen than back of amp.
    i tried swapping the ps2 and xbox components round but both are displaying same problem. unplugged amp and tried disconnecting and reconnecting all the component leads but to no avail.
    i don't have another component lead to test but the component cables from both xbox and ps2 work ok going straight to screen so it is not them.
    component cable is reasonably cheap one but not old and hasn't been abused. not sure if it is this cable or the amp. amp is only about 5-6 weeks old.
    not being too clued up on the workings off component the cable from amp to my screen is where i think something is wrong but don't want to start buying new cables just to test. as the problem appears to be with greens and reds is the cable the most obvious fault or could the amp be the problem??

2. is1111

is1111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    just noticed too that if i unplug red component lead from back of screen it has absolutely no effect on picture. when i go to plug it back in there is a slight red line/flicker across screen then picture just the same.
    i guess cable is done. can anyone confirm cable is most likely problem before i buy a new one. also anyone suggest a good quality cable either 1,1.5 or 2m length.
    cheers

3. nak

nak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hiya,

If you are using RCA type plugs, make sure they are properly 'pinching' the female sockets on the component module (you shouldn't be able dislodge them off with a gentle tug)

Better still use a BNC connection, although you'll need a BNC module

It shouldn't be your amp.

Buy a cheapo lead just to be sure, then invest in some quality cables..
    ... you should be spending in the region of £10-£20 per metre!!

Just to note, mine are IXOS :)

4. is1111

is1111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    thanks for the reply. cable is definitely plugged in full way. have unplugged and reconnected several times. probably buy a new cable and try that.

if anyone can comment on the point that i have a picture and it doesn't change when i remove and reconnect the red cable would be appreciated before i buy new cable.
    cheers

5. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    try each device direct to the plasma rather than through the amp - see if image result is the same.

swap cables around, assuming you have one set of component leads for xbox, one for ps2 and one from amp to plasma

use cable from amp to plasma and plug amp end into xbox/ps2 and check image/picture etc, etc

gary

6. is1111

is1111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    nealgs, pretty much tried all that. picture is fine from each source direct to screen. colour not right when source is through amp which has two component in and one out.
    it was working fine before so puzzled as to problem now. think it is the cheap component cable (less than two months old and only unplugged from screen to use gamecube now and again) but worried it could be the amp.
    i don't have any source to test the component cable other than from the amp.
    as mentioned if i remove the red cable from the screen picture doesn't cahnge but if i remove blue the colour changes and if green is removed no signal at all.

7. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +472
    not sure how it can be cable if it works fine when you bypass amp?

8. is1111

is1111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    hi mep sorry probably not too clear when i mentioned the cable. problem i have is only when sources (xbox ps2) are fed component through the rxv450.
    as the component out from amp to screen is through a cheap component cable i thought this cable might be faulty but i have managed to get a hold of another cable this evening to test and no luck.
    it appears as if the amp is not sending /forwarding the Pr red component signal. it was definitely working before although i am sure a few weeks ago i did notice picture wasn't right when i ran a gamecube through these connections but it sorted itself after i had switched everything off and reset gamecube.
    i just tried a few things tonight and when i disconnect the red cable from the back of the screen the picture doesn't change and same when i disconnect any red Pr source or output cable from back of amp.
    i tested going straight to screen and picture is fine but if i remove red Pr cable from back of screen i get the same picture i get through the amp.
    pretty sure the problem is with the amp. going to speak to the shop i got it from tomorrow or monday as amp only been used for just over a month or so.
    don't want hassle of sending it back for repair as i don;t have the box!!

9. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +472
    aah gotchya!...where are you?....I have a spare 450 box if you are in the vicinity and did need one.

10. is1111

is1111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    hi mep i'm in glasgow but really appreciate the offer. going to speak to people i got the amp from and see if it is even worth my while sending it for repair.
    would be without the amp for however long and its not that much hassle to n go direct to screen with component. i don't use two different component sources that much that it is too much trouble to disconnect at back of screen. back of screen is easy for me to access.
    might look at some sort of component switcher if i find it is too much of a pain disconnecting leads.

again cheers for the offer, do really appreciate it :smashin:

11. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +472
    hope you get it sorted mate