Question Help .. Picture not filling ReAct screen

Ewoody

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've just recently had my Sony VPL-HW55 projector ceiling mounted, the problem is the picture is occasionally not filling my fixed screen (it's either along the top or the bottom) my installer called out last weekend and rectified the problem .. but it's occurred again today, on his last visit the guy mentioned to me the vertical/horizontal lens shift rollers on the projector were troublesome (they don't function as they should do) could they be the source of the problem ?

The projector is under warranty with richer sounds.

thanks

Last edited:
It may be lens creep, the lens shift rollers quite often move a tiny bit rather than stick exactly where you left them. You should feel comfortable yourself in adjusting these. If it just the top or bottom gap then it’s only the hi and down one you need to adjust, so you can leave the side by side one untouched. They should not affect zoom or focus. I did read there is a knack that will help, ie adjust it past where you want it to be and then move back, as it may be it sticks more in one direction to the other...

Did you get the Veltex version of the frame? While it won't soak up a load of extra light very well, it is very good at catching just the edge of the image. Maybe make your image very slightly larger.

The Sony units are well known for having a bit of creep in the adjusters. Apparently there is a knack to getting them to stick in the right place.

I see you have a Lumagen. That has a soft borders effect which I use for other reasons. You might not like the effect though.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom