Help picking a new TV

jack 28

Novice Member
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me.
I'm planning on buying a new tv as a gift but I'm having trouble finding a TV that has everything I need.
I'm looking for a 55 inch Ultra HD 4K TV but I need the wireless to be 802.11.n so that it works with the router and everything else. Another absolute must is DTS for it to work with the sound system. The only one I've found so far is the LG 55UH625V. Any other suggestions would be greatly welcomed.

jack 28

Novice Member
My budget is £800 but I can spend a little bit more if necessary.
Most of the TV's I have looked at so far have been UHD rather than FHD.
I'm terrible at guessing distances but the room the TV would be in isn't huge and the people watching it most are sitting within about a foot of where it would sit.

Dodgexander

Can you find a deal on a Samsung KS7000/KS7500 in your budget? That will be the best all-round if you can still find one.

Otherwise there is also the Sony XD93 or Samsung KS8000/KS9000.

These will give you the most bang for buck and have decent HDR performance.

If you don't mind losing decent performance with HDR, perhaps you are sensible and don't plan to use HDR much as its in its infancy still, if so a TV like the Panasonic DX-750 or Hisense M7000 would be more than enough for you.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom