Help pick 2.1 speakers

jonnypb

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have a amp and want to get 2 front speakers and a sub for my tv in a spare room

Space is tight round the TV so the speakers need to be very slim or maybe small like satilite speakers

Have a budget of no more than £200. I know that doesn't sound much but even for that price it's gonna sound damm better than what you get out of your tv

Thanks

would these be ok for a small to medium size room for watching dvd's?

can i connect these into a dvd player or will they need to go into an amp?

thanks

I'm a big fan of TDK/NXT flat panel speakers - the best sounding little speakers going IMO.

Just adding my name to those recommending a set of acoustic energy aego m speakers. For the money they're as good as you're going to get, very good. They work very well as hifi speakers but also handle home cinema well. The only problem is that they are internally powered and have a built in amp, I am not yet sure how to bypass this and connect the speakers to a separate amp.
Hope this helps.

i've just bought some :thumbsup:

gonna plug them straight into my dvd player and get rid of the amp

thanks

speakers arrived and i must say i'm blown away by the sound quality of these :thumbsup:

i plugged my ipod and dvd into these and they are fab. i have a medium size room and was worried that these wouldn't be powerful but i've nothing to worry about. these can go LOUD!

for £90 these are a must if you want a 2.1 system and as the sub has a built in amp you've no need to have an external one

thanks to all that recommended them

After a large amount of research & thanks to this forum I've just received my AE aego speakers.

Awesome in every regard. I highly recommend them as a 2.1 set up.

Can these be connected straight to my TV's audio out phono sockets?

Is there more than one input? I'd quite like to connect them to my TV and my PC.

Can these be connected straight to my TV's audio out phono sockets? Yes.

Is there more than one input? I'd quite like to connect them to my TV and my PC. There is a second input - a standard 3.5mm socket - but it's at the front. Good for attaching an ipod. I got around my little problem using this adapter/lead to feed two sources into the same phono in sockets.
Thought I'd answer my own questions now I actually have the speakers. Great speakers too, btw. :)

speakers arrived and i must say i'm blown away by the sound quality of these :thumbsup:

i plugged my ipod and dvd into these and they are fab. i have a medium size room and was worried that these wouldn't be powerful but i've nothing to worry about. these can go LOUD!

for £90 these are a must if you want a 2.1 system and as the sub has a built in amp you've no need to have an external one

thanks to all that recommended them

Sorry, only just come across this thread, great little speakers for less often used rooms around the house. Bargain too. Thoroughly recommend them. :smashin:

Can these be connected straight to my TV's audio out phono sockets?

Is there more than one input? I'd quite like to connect them to my TV and my PC.

Hi Runam0k

I'm thinking of getting these speakers for SKY duties with my old panasonic plasma panel (speaker less) in the bedroom.....

They seem to tick all the boxes and would save me getting a stereo amp. However, am I right in thinking to change volume you have to do it on the sub? ie no remote?

This would make them useless to me, as if i'm bed i'm bugg@ered if i'm getting up every 5 mins!!

Hi Runam0k

I'm thinking of getting these speakers for SKY duties with my old panasonic plasma panel (speaker less) in the bedroom.....

They seem to tick all the boxes and would save me getting a stereo amp. However, am I right in thinking to change volume you have to do it on the sub? ie no remote?

This would make them useless to me, as if i'm bed i'm bugg@ered if i'm getting up every 5 mins!!

no remote - volume is on front of sub..

do yourself some good and get out of bed :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom