• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HELP ! PHILIPS 50PF7521D/10 wont switch on

P

pdvuk

Hi guys, i have just put my PHILIPS 50PF7521D/10 on the wall after they delivered it today. And it wont switch on.
YES, i did check if the power cable is plugged in. :confused:
It hasnt even switched on once...
if have studied the manual, check the fuse on the plug, checked the wall socket, nothing.
It doesnt even make a noise when power cable is plugged in(for example if screen was busted, it would still make a noise wouldnt it?)

Any one had siomilar problems with phillips???

Please help, i feel like throwing it in the skip...

(oh and all the relevant help lines are closed as it is sunday, and im scared i wont be able to get them to fix it before xmas)
Pierre

Ewoody

Prominent Member
I have the Philips 50PF9967D Plasma.

I've had switching on problems since I purchased it February this year, I find the problem occurs if I press the (off switch) on the wall socket or even pull TV plug from wall socket.
I don't touch these anymore, when I come to switch off the TV at night I just press the power button on the plasma, nothing more.
When I've had power problems, a new 13amp fuse has always done the trick or leaving it alone for an hour or more the plasma has always come back on.
I can't understand why there is no power when it's come straight out of box unless it been damaged in transit.
My plasma worked first time out of the box.

I'd contact your retailer first thing monday morning, my plasma is being collected under guarantee first week in January for this fault.

Sorry I can't give you more help.

P

pdvuk

I know i have to get them to sort it out on monday, but it is so frustrating as you get all excited and u switch it on and nothing..

I checked the fuse with a multimeter, and there is current flowing through it.

its a 10amp fuse..

ill try switching it off for a hour and trying again..

thanks fro your advice...

PS would plugging in a computer power cable damage it(as i know thay are the same type - but too scared to try..)
Or what about putting a 13amp fuse in if the standard plug is 10amp??
P

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom