1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help - Philips 28PW6006 or LG RI-28CZ10RX or ???

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by hutchingsp, Dec 26, 2002.

1. hutchingsp

hutchingsp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After a new widescreen for the bedroom (live at home so it's my living room IYSWIM).

Currently have a rented 32" Philips PW6322 that's about four years old, and I'm happy with it, but I fancy a change, and I'd sooner spend £300-400, gain a little space and lose the monthly rental (£30), basically I don't want to signup for another eighteen months rental.

Miller Bros are doing the LG RI-28CZ10RX for £300 with stand, I've seen it and it looks like the best of the sub £300 sets that I've seen so far.

Allders are doing the 28PW6006 for £400, obviously being a Philips it's supposed to be better, plus Allders do a free five year guarantee which is a good value bonus, if it breaks I'd imagine it could cost mightily...

I don't care about sound quality, just picture, but I need to be able to pipe the audio into my AV receiver.

I've noticed that looking at sets in the shops you seem to lose all perspective of size, even 32" sets look tiny compared to the 32" already in my room..

I have the following kit that I need to be able to connect:

Sky Digibox (the original Pace one)
    Toshiba v858 VCR (90% of the time playback only)
    Toshiba 2109 DVD player, UK model, chipped
    Sony 830 home cinema receiver
    Matrox G450, composite/svideo out, used occasionally for playback

regards
    Paul
    --
    paul <at> spamcop.net