1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Partial Erase Dmr-e55

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Cherbette, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Cherbette

Cherbette

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

I just recently purchased the Panasonic DMR-E55 and apparently you can edit unwanted material out using the partial erase option but I can't seem to figure out how to do so. You are supposed to be able to go to the direct navigator and and select the clip then push sub menu and edit...then the option should be there but it's not...the only two there are "Enter name" and "Change thumbnail". In the manual I printed from the Panasonic web site it says I need to "Release protection" on the disc I guess in order to do so?? But I can't do that the way it tells me to either. Any ideas you guys? I really need your help!

Thanks!

~Matt

2. DAS

DAS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What discs are you using? My E55 has that option under Edit, along with options to set up and cancel protection. Is your disc read only or seomthing?

3. DRAMBO

DRAMBO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    You cannot partial erase a DVD-R disc with the E55. You need DVD-RAM disc to take advantage of the editing features.

4. Cherbette

Cherbette

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks...I bought some dvd-ram discs and now it works.