Help: Panny TX-32PM11 vs TX-32DTX40

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by top_caty, Sep 20, 2004.

1. top_caty

top_caty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know if there is a lot of difference between these two models? I know that the TX-32DTX40 has a built in Freeview (and an extra RGB scart) but is that the only difference?

Is the tube the same? I believe they are both called Quintrix though.

Sound isn't an issue as I will be running it all through an amp so just talking about picture quality.

Thanks

2. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +553
    The DTX40 has the same tube as the PD30, but with less processing. I very much doubt that the PM11 does

3. top_caty

top_caty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So will the picture quality on the 32DTX40 be a lot better than the 32PM11. I already have a Freeview box so unless the picture quality will be a lot better I don't really need to spend an extra £180 on just a built in freeview.

4. adder

adder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    top_caty have you checked out the Panny TX-32DTX10? You can get them for about £680.....

5. top_caty

top_caty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Adder I just looked up the TX-32DTX10 and it seems very similar to the TX-32DTX40.

I'm not 100% sure what to do now. I will have a DVD player that can do progressive scan but none of the pannys seem to be progressive scan TV, but I could buy another brand (Tosh, Sony?) that does for the same money..... The main reason I was considering the Panny's was because all the magazines seem to get them the "Best Buys"

Should I still go for a Panny or look at another brand? Advice :lease:

Thanks