Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

HELP!! Panny PTAE-100 and PS2 problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by MrCoopz, Jan 26, 2003.

1. MrCoopz

MrCoopz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    This is driving me nuts, im having problems with my PS2 playing some games on the panny.

I have a Pal version of a PS2 game and when i put it on the music comes out but the screen stays blue. And all the games work if i hook it upto a normal TV!!!

also alot of PS1 games do this. But NTSC and most PAL ps2 games work so y am i having problems?

P.S. My PS2 is connected by Component. So i run it through Y:pB:pR auto

Cheers

2. sgb

sgb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you told the PS2 to output component? Without a game in, turn on the PS2 and wait for the menu to appear and then in the options you can say whether RGB or Y:pB:pR is output.

I have my PS2 hooked up through the component output and all of the games I've tried work okay.

Simon

3. MrCoopz

MrCoopz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Yeah thats already on, i dont get a pic unless its switched to Y:pB:pR

4. wattie67

wattie67
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Coopz,
    Is the cable definitely "composite" ? I've seen some cables advertised as a PS2 composite cable but is in actuality a video out with stereo audio out. I use a s-video and audio out cable for mine and it works a treat.
    By the way are you the same Coopz working on WE6FE patch?

Wattie

5. wattie67

wattie67
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Coopz ,

Ignore that last statement about composite , misread your posting , didn't realize you are only havimng problem with one particular game.

Wattie

6. MrCoopz

MrCoopz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Yep thats me :)

do u have a PJ then?

I still dont know whats goin off with these games that turn the screen blue

7. wattie67

wattie67
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep.got the panny as well but use an s-video lead (about £6 or £7) which plugs into the back and the audio through my amp. Had no problems at all with that set up and I use the component leads from the dvd player.
    looking forward to the new patch your doing with Tranmere. Didn't get the RH4SODY one working but I think it was because it was in RAR form and my Mac didn't like undoing it even with the correct ap.I'm also on the "other" forum under the same moniker. Don't know why your panny will play some of the games and not others. It's a mystery to me too mate.

8. MrCoopz

MrCoopz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    U need to pick up some Component Leads mate, it improves the quality on the PS2 no end.

How big is ur screen? and what do u use for Sky TV?

9. wattie67

wattie67
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the tip. My screen is only about 4 feet wide , an old school slide screen on a tripod which I can pack away when not in use, does the job fine and it's not permanent. I don't have Sky but the Freeview digi box which I patch through the video and out the other side using a video composite cable. Not perfect but it's better than my 29" telly and it doesn't cost me much. Only my dvd player is on component cables which is what I use it mostly for. Now if I could only get that patch to work !!