1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help - Panasonic Widescreen problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by RobbySpurs, May 27, 2004.

1. RobbySpurs

RobbySpurs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,844
    Hi there. I have a Panny 28" widescreen telly. It is a few years old now, and bog standard 50hz tube etc

Picture has always been fine, although recently I have noticed a problem with the Sky picture. DVD is plugged into AV1 (RGB). Sky + is in AV2, with scart lead. When watching Sky, I have noticed the picture seems to ghost a little, and certain colours flicker. For example, skin seems to flicker red and green. It is not really obvious but obvious enough to get on my nerves! The ghosting is like a vertical band running across the screen. :lease:

Does anybody have any ideas? I have tried changing the scart lead and doesn't make a jot of difference, and the DVD player picture is fine!

Thanks

Rob

2. monkey_boy

monkey_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You say you have tried changing the scart lead, is that the socket to the tv or swapping the sky box scart with the dvd. Sounds strange, I'm no expert but the fact that you dvd works fine in both scart sockets suggests that it might not be your tv. If you can, borrow someone’s freeview/sky box and see if that works ok?