1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help: Panasonic TX36PL30, setting AV input to a channel

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by UncleJimbo, Jan 27, 2003.

Tags:
  1. UncleJimbo

UncleJimbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Still only had this lovely tele for a few days now but can't find a solution to this non-critical problem.

I don't use an aerial. Period. All my sources, including digital TV (Telewest) are via scart.

My problem is that whenever the TV is switched on, it goes to channel 1 regardless of what was last used before the TV was switched off.

This is kind of a pain as I have to keep pressing the AV button just to watch tele.

I suppose one solution would be to use my All-in-One remote to switch off the Telewest box, then when switching it all back on, hopefully the TV will switch to that scart. Not convinced tho as this tele doesn't seem to auto-switch (didn't do with my Sammy 709 DVD player anyway).

So does anyone know of a way to "tune" an AV input to a normal TV channel as I used to be able to do on my old 4:3 Toshiba?

It's starting to drive me potty ever so slowly! :)

Thanks.

2. mandlebrot

mandlebrot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know how to make it stay on AV1 but trust me your tv does auto switch to scarts. You must make sure you have a fully wired scart or at least one that has pin 8 to pin 8 connected. Turning the cable box off then on will auto switch with a properly wired scart so you could then use your multi-function remote to do this or just your standard cable remote.

3. UncleJimbo

UncleJimbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You're right - the TV does indeed autoswitch. I think, for now at least, I'll just have to use the all-in-one remote control trick.

Does any one know of a Panasonic users group/web site with tips and tricks? Could be very handy.

Thanks again.