1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help : Panasonic TX32PL10 problem

Discussion in 'TVs' started by beardo, Jan 22, 2002.

Tags:
  1. beardo

beardo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had my Panasonic TX32PL10 for a few weeks now and have noticed that when the background is white or very light coloured I can see either a lighter vertical band about 1cm wide about 3cm in from the left hand side or it could be two darker 1cm vertical bands. The band is more prominent towards the top of the screen.
    I have had the engineer out who was able to see the problem after a while but did not know of any similar problem with Panasonics or how to fix this one, he has gone away to speak to Panasonic and is still waiting for an answer.
    Has anyone else had the same problem or know of a solution.

TV is being feed RGB from a SKY Grundig digibox but the problem is noticeable when terrestrial RF used.

Thanks.

2. Teessider

Teessider
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just returned my PL10 to ED for a replacement due to the following problems:

1. The colour generally appears to be ‘washed’ out. Skin tones are blurred and there is a general lack of detail, especially when the face is moving.
    2. There are 2 vertical lines on the screen, approximately ¼ and ¾ of the way across the screen.
    3. Shadowing on the right of the image, especially on high contrast images, particularly credits, even when still.
    4. Horizontal mesh-like lines appear on the picture when low contrast matt colours are displayed. A typical example is in the matt green/grey images at the start of the film the Matrix.
    5. Dark blues and matt whites have a green tinge to them, grey hairs can appear greenish.
    6. The teletext and test images of the engineer revealed poor geometry (wavy vertical lines and the image bends down to both bottom corners)
    7. Sideways panning results in juddering and blurring.

My local Pana approved repair shop said this was 'too spec' and that 32" pictures were generally crap due to the newness of te technology.

ED say the set is faulty and have returned it to Panasonic

3. rogerw

rogerw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I have had Panasonic tvs for i6 years now. It certainly seems as if you have a bad batch. I have had my 32" PK3 for two weeks now brilliant picture no problems whatsoever.
    cheers