Help...Panasonic or Sony or Samsung LCD's

Keith Lynn

Standard Member
Guy's...:lease: Help.

Mate of mine is looking to buy an LCD. His prefference is one of the above manufactures. Size anything from 40 inch upwards, with have good contrast, which has been poor on older LCD's +normal HDMI/Scart connectivity. His budget is between:- £600 & £900 ish...

Can anyone advise...

Thx

Keith

Keith Lynn

Standard Member
Guy's...

Any helpers????

:lease:

boxrick

Mate of mine is looking to buy an LCD. His prefference is one of the above manufactures. Size anything from 40 inch upwards, with have good contrast, which has been poor on older LCD's +normal HDMI/Scart connectivity. His budget is between:- £600 & £900 ish...

Can anyone advise...

Thx

Keith
Considering you own a plasma can you not persuade him to get himself a plasma instead of an LCD? Just turn on your tv and im sure he will see the difference!

Tell him to take a look at the Panasonic th42px80 ( if he can find one ) or as an alternative the 42pg6000 is slightly better in some respects ( SD ) however the black levels are not as good =9

jatt

Can anyone advise...

Thx

Keith
W4000 or W4500 quality lcds highly recommended in the forums and av mags had my w4000 since June 2008 has good blacks excellent motion handling and low input lag for gaming, good SD picture depending on source, I highly recommend

Monarch

Distinguished Member
W4000 or W4500 quality lcds highly recommended in the forums and av mags had my w4000 since June 2008 has good blacks excellent motion handling and low input lag for gaming, good SD picture depending on source, I highly recommend

if you can find it :thumbsup:

if he really wants good blacks then plasma will provide the best blacks. The LG mentioned above is better at SD but the blacks are better on the Panasonic.

Sony's generally have decent blacks on LCDs so have a look at those if he's set up on getting an LCD

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom