HELP - Panasonic AE500 DVI Problems

pstables

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all, just purchased a Philips DVP5980 to connect to my Panasonic PT-AE500E. This works fine with my TV via scart but when connected to the projector via HDMI->DVI I get a picture for around 10 seconds, then the PJ screen goes blank and the PJ on screen menu (if displayed) flashes on and off (as if it's losing sync and getting it back) every couple of seconds.

I have used the PJ with a different DVD player with the same cable and it worked fine (although the black levels were shocking - but that was the other player which also went back).

I have tried the DVD player with a DVI enabled monitor and it works fine so I'm puzzled. Are there any settings on the AE500 0I can play with to get this working or will I have to try yet another DVD player (and if so, any suggestions as I want one that will also play DIVX).

Cheers
Paul

try changing the EIDE (i think thats the option?) from EIDE1 to EIDE2 in the options menu (or vice versa) where the lamp timer is. I cant remember for sure but i think theres a recommended setting to use when feeding it a signal from dvd players and PC's etc

I found that dvi with this projector can be quite picky at times, it just blaitently refused to display anything regardless of settings when connected to my x800pro graphics card via DVI, yet with a 9800XT and x1950pro it's fine

If above doesn't work try searching on DVD forum for info about 5960/5980 and software updates. The 5960 would not work properly via HDMI-DVI adaptor without latest software update as I and many others found. May be similar issues with 5980.

Thanks for the replies.

Already tried switching over the EDID from 1 to 2 and back again - no difference.

Latest Philips Firmware also made no difference and there's no 3rd party F/W for the 5980, unlike the 5960.

Some forums have suggested switching from DVI and back again on the PJ to get it to re-sync.

Guess I'll have a play and if it don't work I'll send it back to amazon.

Shame, as it was only £38 from amazon warehouse deals (amazon open box stuff). Perhaps that's why they sent it back...

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom