HELP!!! PANASONIC A350

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Mr.D, Sep 5, 2001.

1. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,149
    I've got an A350 too . Got it back in the days when there were only three players available and you had to chip them yourself. Cost me 599 ( I talked them down from 750!) Chip cost me an additional 100quid and I had to have it sent over from Netherlands and nervously waited outside whilst my electonics savvy mate "fitted" it .

Had to open it up to fix a missing capacitor into the video board to clean up some ghosting on RGB. ( panasonic's advice)

Since then its been great and I'm still more than happy with it ( in fact its probably the best bit of consumer wares I ever bought)

However the pixellation problem is most likely the optical pick-up failing. My electronics mate had exactly the same problem and junked his as a result. Suspect you've got the same problem.

2. Radioactive__Man

Radioactive__Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Yep have to agree, had a player that would pixelate 20 mins into Stargate, the shop I got it from obviously knew about the prob and f*cked me about for weeks until they had to repklace it, then I did the multi region mod for £35. Sold it to a mate 18 months ago and still going strong, but the original was obviously a basket case and not easily repairable

3. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277

4. english_bob

english_bob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +168
    I really hate my A350 now, im glad to say that I have replaced it with a Sony 525, but I still use the A350 in another room

The A350 has given me nothing but grief since I had it, mostly with picture pixelation and break up.

Does anyone know of any engineer type stuff I can play around with (a bit like the Sony SYSCON menu)

I know there is a front panel button press that gets it to re-read the disks, but i can't remember.

Any help is greatly recieved (for what was (a) an expensive 700 pound mistake and (b) just rewards for being an early adopter)

PS All my disks are clean and problem disks (pixellated ones) play PERFECTLY in the SONY.

Regards

EB