Help! Pan NV-DS30B or JVC DVL-365?

E

elwick

Read through lots of posts but I would really appreciate specific help on which of these to choose.

Wife is currently in hospital & likely to have our first child within the next week! I really need to get a budget miniDV camcorder for the new baby quick! I had sort of narrowed it down to these two which seem very similar in price and spec apart from:

JVC GRDVL-365 has USB, takes stills to multimedia card

Pan NV-DS30B has DVin

Any advice gratefully received,

Cheers, Peter;)

Howdy Peter!

I don't know too much about the JVC, but beware with the Panasonic!

How do I know? I had the NVDS27, which was absolutely excellent. Great picture, 15x Optical zoom, COLOUR viewfinder, loads of nifty features, except no DV-IN.

I sold it to buy a camera with DV-IN, only the NVDS28 was no longer available so I bought the replacement model NVDS30.

What are Panasonic up to?

Black and White Viewfinder, badly placed microphone (on top), sockets all over the place, awkward controls, 10x Opt Zoom, crappy (delayed response) Playback control buttons.

The only extra (apart from DV-IN) is the lamp on the front.

I think Panasonic are taking the ****** with the replacement model.

I have 32" TV, DVD VCR and Camcorder, all Panasonic. I'm never buying Panasoinic again.

Very best of luck with the baby! (and good luck with your choice of camera!)

John

Thanks for the advice guys.

Sounds like I need to do a bit of 'test driving' in Dixons before I decide. i think the JVC 367 may be slightly out of my prioce range though.

Will keep you posted.

Peter:)

Originally posted by johnrm
I sold it to buy a camera with DV-IN, I think Panasonic are taking the ****** with the replacement model.

John, why didn't you just get a 'widget' to enable DV-in? But most of all, why on earth didn't you look at the specs of the new cam before you bought it? Panasonic may well be taking the urine with the replacement, but you owe it to yaself to check before ya buy mate!

Sounds like I need to do a bit of 'test driving' in Dixons before I decide.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK, 'try' there, but go to www.letsgodigital.co.uk to buy. ;)

I have recently purchased the Panasonic NVDS30 - all I can say is absolutely brilliant. Picture and sound quality are second to none - even in a lot higher price bracket camera. It cost me £399 with free 48 hour delivery. I have captured images, edited them with Adobe Previer V6.02 brought the images back to tape and the quality is astounding.
Some reviews that I have read have been critical of the lack of feature - excellent pictures, excellent sound, zoom microphone, fully automatic or choice of manual shutter speed and aperture, white balance, optical and digital zoom, backlight, video light, zero lux infrared, six effects - what more do people want.
Serious editing is best performed in software anyway - dozens of features that most people never use are just a 'come on' for newbies - its got all that you will need.
I dont know who has said otherwise but I am one very, very, very happy user and I highly recommend it.
Hope this helps.

Well,

I have 2 new arrivals.

Panasonic DS30B arrived on Saturday, from Jessops who could not match internet price of £399 but came very close at £409 (sticker price £599 in the shop!). Heck of a saving. I had a play with it over the weekend and found it very easy to use and the quality looks ver good.

Timing was spot on as our first daughter Katie arrived last night at 6pm, 7lb 2oz. Mother and baby doing really well.

Thank you all for your advice. I took my first film of mum and baby last night when Katie was just 1 hour old. Priceless.
:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom