Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Help or advice needed ae100 finally died

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by snelly, Aug 1, 2005.

1. snelly

snelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi all,

long time no visits to these here forums as I have been very very busy now I am the proud dad of two little girls and have bought a much larger and (seriously neglected) house.

The AV bug hasnt left me but I have had simply no time (to think about) or money (to spend on) upgrades.

I bought an ae100 a few years ago and it finally went pop a few weeks ago (red light of death). It has less than 1000hrs use and yet when I phoned panasonic and explained and mentioned it was a common fault...they got quite arsey.

In short they want nearly £250 to fix it. So I was wondering...does anyone have any idea of how i might get it fixed cheaper (some documentary evidence of a receipt from panasonic for the same fix etc. so I can discuss the costs - especially considering it is a known failure) or an independent repairer who can do this...

OR

does anyone have an ae100 gathering dust (perhaps dead bulb etc.) that has a power supply I could salvage.

I know it isnt the greatest but I really miss my panny and I cant afford or justify 250 to fix it OR even getting a far better second hand machine on the forums (unless someone is selling one mega cheap???)

Thanks in advance for any help

2. snelly

snelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    bump...

Is there really no one on here that had an ae100 that went pop (RLoD) and got it fixed who could help me out? :rolleyes: :lease:

There used to be 100's of ae100 owners on here seemingly

Thanks
    Tim