Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Help on which crt

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by br0d, Jul 11, 2004.

1. br0d

br0d
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    2 years ago through the help of the forum i purchased the Toshiba 32ZP18P and a pioneer nsdv-77 dvd setup.Well here i am again ready for an upgrade and would apprecaite any input.I have already on board the denon2900 and the harmon Kardon av5550 with monitor audio s6 av speaker package.I really dont want to cock this up at the last fence.the choice is basically crt im not convinced about plasma at all,therefore im down to the following [Toshiba36ZP38B,Aconda 9281ZW,Loewe Aconda 9381ZW or even the Philips 36PW9618]If you think im missing an obvious one let me know.The tosh i have has been fantastic and i would recomend it over and over.If i stay in the 32" what do you reckon to the loewe and which would you plum for in the 36" club?

thanks for any comments

2. Moo242

Moo242

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just taken possesion of the Tosh 36ZP38P and I never thought it was possible to love an inanimate object so much - it's gorgeous and i want it to have my little Tosh' babies.

Seriously, I also tried out the new Panny PD30 and the Philips you mentioned and the Tosh was far and away the nicest performer. The picture is deep and rich and unlike the other two I could find absolutely no processing artefacts of any kind in either RGB or PS

Can't comment on the Loewe

3. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    I have had a PD30 and the ZP38. Both were great TV's and I doubt you would regret buying either. Both mine had problems and so were sent back. If I had fully working ones, I could have lived happily with either. I slightly preferred the Panasonic for a better progressive scan picture quality.

I ended up with a Loewe, this is a great TV but lacks any nice toys. PQ and build quality are first rate.