Quantcast

Question Help on what speakers to replace KEF eggs

grahammc2111

Novice Member
Good morning guys and thank you for excepting to this forum.

Ok as you see I am a novice where home cinema is concerned and richer sounds took advantage of this matter ( no not having a go at them ). I recently purchased a denon avrx250bt as I live in a high rise flat so didn't want anything to loud but wanted a vast improvement on quality of sound on my tv samsung 6 series 47inch uhd.

So I bought the amp came home set it up with just front speakers and a centre speaker front speakers were yamaha piano crafts and centre speaker was a old celestaion so not a good choice found a set of kef eggs complete set so purchased them for a good price now wait for it mrs dont like them. I have now purchased a set of polk s15 front speakers and managed to keep the rear kef eggs for now I am on a budget very tight and wanting to know if anyone could advise what speakers to go for yes she likes the polk s15 and I get really good sound out of them given it's a cheap entry level amp. I know I am going to have to build this slowly fronts centre and rears over a period of time but any suggestions would be great

Many thanks
Graham

Gasp3621

Good choice with Polks! Just add matching center channel from same line. Amazon has newer S30E (cheaper) and older S30 available, i couldn`t find any 2nd hand center channels in UK sadly.

You can either live with the Eggs as surrounds if wife still prefers them more than example larger Polk S10 which would be ideal for surrounds if you want to stick with same brand & serie. But if you aren`t picky the Eggs will do fine. The center channel is more important!

Small subwoofer could be added and you won´t get earthquake bass there, just something to extend the response lower and add good bit of weight. It certainly won`t go un-noticed. There is very small ones that even picky wife could agree on. So in that case something like CA X201 (21x22x21) in black/white could be ideal. Over 100 - 5star reviews by owners, so i can imagine it does something right. The drivers are front firing and passive drivers (not powered) on sides, so they are not directly shooting downwards either as you live in top floor condo. Also remember you are in control of how loud it plays so could be used at day time / early evenings just fine.

grahammc2111

Novice Member
Hi gasp3261,

Thank you for the detailed response very much appreciated my friend.

However the plot has just taken another step I was not sure about just come back from richer sounds in glasgow again. I went for a demo of the mission lxc but they had no stock and the lx1 again no stock so asked what other options I had given my space and they showed me monitor audio bronze centre speaker and monitor bronze 2 speakers. Centre speaker £139 and front speakers £245 again didn't have centre speaker in stock but could send me one out in the post 3-5 working day.

Quick search on the bay to find a set of bronze 2 speakers for £125 free delivery couldn't resist so now all I need to do is purchase my centre speaker and wam bam thank mam the speakers I have to say sound awesome and cant wait to get them setup ( yes I know they will not sound the same as demo room ) but really wow will keep you updated

Many thanks
Graham

Top Bottom