help on transcoding to dvd

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by david.ddr, Sep 25, 2005.

1. david.ddr

david.ddr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I am trying to record VHS tapes to my PC through a link to my camcorder. this works ok then i use nero to transcode it and then write it onto dvd the process breaks down after about "5 to 75% i have a samsung dvd dual layer recorder hs552

2. Zebadiah Twine

Zebadiah Twine
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    More details required. Just saying "the process breaks down" at some indefinite stage is too vague for anyone to be able to help.

3. david.ddr

david.ddr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Nero transcodes the file on the computer the problem comes when it has transcoded, when it is trying to write onto dvd, it writes anywhere between 5 and 75% and then it rejects the dvd, the media is memorex 8x dvd -r

4. Paul Shirley

Paul Shirley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    Usually just means the DVDs are incompatible with your drive, try a drive firmware update. If that doesn't fix it buy different discs. There's some compatibility info on http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia that might help.