1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help on speakers?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by chrisyd, Aug 16, 2004.

1. chrisyd

chrisyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello,

I am looking at installing a home cinema in the very near future. I am either lucky or unlucky (depending how you look at it) in that I need to purchase everything.

I have virtually decided on a Panny plasma (silver) and now looking into speakers.

This is where I need the help. I have a max budget of £500 to spend on speakers and I am looking at silver speakers to go with the TV. I do not want any floor standing ones (as I have kids).

Any recommendations on speakers (and other areas of recommendations are much apprecitated i.e. speaker cables, av receiver etc etc)

thanks

2. KHCC

KHCC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Chrisyd

For that sort of money alot of people look at the Kef eggs (1005) which are the baby bothers of the original 'eggs' but as good as they are, they are limited, as are the 2005.2's! We stock them and for certain applications they are good to a point. For your money you should look at the Canton CD Series which are made from extruded Aluminium, well built and sound far better when you really want power and dynamics, have a look at their website at:

www.canton.de

I would recommend the Movie CD1 which is £480 or you can mix and match with a bigger center as there are 3 to choose from or bigger fronts.

We have the full CD Series on demo if you wish to come and have a listen, you can also compare to the Kef speaker package.

I hope this helps.

3. Icarus

Icarus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    The MS premeiere + system are very compace and sound superb with the 309 (must buy the 309 as it is much better than the 308) subwoofer. The fronts are in silver and the sb is aslo silver (they call it vanadium) The speaker surrounds are in cherry and black though. Bargain at £309.
    http://www.petertyson.co.uk/
    Also these
    http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/2005
    http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/1870
    http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/910

5. Roohster

Roohster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,030
    What's the point of buying just the front three?
    If you're going to do this, you may as well just buy a stereo pair.

6. Icarus

Icarus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cos the chap is on a budget and he is going to get better speakers for the available funds if he starts off with three fronts.

Everybody is free to do it whatever way they choose, I am simply offering an opinion.

7. Roohster

Roohster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,030
    But he has already said he has a budget of £500 for all five (point one) speakers...so why buy just three?