Help on Sony Vegas Movie Studio

Fudgie

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Totally new to video editing and having a few problems.

I have created a photo slide show with credits and music soundtrack on Sony Vegas.

When I come to "Make Movie" all goes well, it transfers to DVD Platinum so I can make the menu's etc.

I then burn the disc, all is still well. When I then try and play the new disk it wont play on any of my DVD players around the house, but it will play on all my PC DVDs, Laptop, Desktop, work etc.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, so that I can view on normal DVD players.

Many thanks

Martin

....Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, so that I can view on normal DVD players....
Martin

Its very hard to say

This sort of thing generally only happens if you are ( inadvertently) making your DVD videos as a Data DVD with video files on them . It may also be related to questionable DVD recordable Media which may be PC friendly but the DVD players are more fussy about

If you are using DVDA you are obviously making DVD videos.

Do the discs play on the PC with menus? If not the authoring process might be wrong but the video files are still present on disc so they play on the PC ,

1 or 2 suggestions to find out why :

1:Try to make a DVD folder and then use Nero to make the DVD video
2:Output from Vegas as mpeg2 then make a DVD video in Nero vision

If the first plays on all: there is an issue with burn settings in DVDA : If the second plays on all , DVDA settings need to be looked at again. If both will play on PC but not Settop DVD player, the Media is most likely at fault: try using something else

I've just tried with a different DVD - R and had success.

It seems all my DVD players don't like Packard Bell DVD Rs.

Cheers for your help.

Glad you got it sorted: :)

Video is a bit less forgiving of suspect media as you've found out. Sticking to recordable DVD media with "names" : eg Ritek , Verbatim etc should allow you get on with making the discs without worrying if they'll work or not

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom