Help on Samsung before I splash cash!

DeadEye

Hi all.

Haven't posted in this section for a while - hope you're all well!

I went into Currys of all places to look at some screens (again). In this particular store they had 5 50" screens running off the same feed using componant video.

One of these screens was a Samsung PS50Q96HD and I have to say I have never seen such a smooth/fast/vibrant screen yet. It played the new ford mondeo advert where the old cars are floating off - it looked like it was running at 200Hz.

My screen is 60% used for running my HTPC and the rest for films (my sig shows the kit being used) so I went and got a laptop. Unfortunately I couldn't get the laptop to run at the 1360x768.

While I was 10000% set on getting a 1080p LCD screen, the Samsung goes against everything I thought I wanted - but I still can't get over the smoothness of the panning.

So to my questions, :lease:

Does anyone have this screen that uses it with a HTPC and can you get 1:1 pixel ratio?

Does anyone as above have a HD graphics card in their HTPC and do you successfully run the PC in HD?

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom