Help on rear speakers and were from help please

Mickey milo

Novice Member
Hi, i have just instaled the Pioneer SPH-DA230DB in my non bose 2011 a3 cab,i have just replaced the stock speakers and replaced with some Herts compononets .
My HU as RCA inputs for front and rear but at the moment i just have the fronts connected as thats all i have ..My next step is to fit rear speakers ,there are grills but no speakers in but it looks a straight tforward job to fit some in although they would have to be 5.25 inch ,what i would like to know is what is the best way to pick up the rear speaker wires from HU (harness)..which the colours are Green -green and black Left rear speaker and Purple -purple black right rear speaker ..Its been a while since i upgraded a HU so any help would be apreciated ..Thanks

Last edited:

mike palmer

Novice Member
I would look for wire's in the doors first some audi had a amplifier in the rear of the vehicle for rear speekers /sub on certain models
You can get stinger speed wire with all the colours you need and a audi dealer will be able to help with the new pins needed for the factory door connector

Mickey milo

Novice Member
Hi , i have sorted it,my system was a non bose so no amp to run the rears ..I have the colour coding for the rears and will now run them from the HU

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom