Help on PAYG costs - Galaxy Ace

auldendunn

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I am posting this question from my wife hoping you can help her.

Hello everyone
Very new to all this. I'm a great granny & got a Galaxy Ace from Santa - my first Smartphone.
Previousy I was on PAYG and a £10 topup last 2-3months (I don't have a lot of friends:rolleyes:)

A £10 asda topup is now lasting only 2-3weeks. Is my phone doing something by itself? I have enabled WiFi at home and on advice unchecked "use packet data" on my phone.

Any useful advice please? Please don't tell me I'm too stupid for a smartphone:eek:

Thank you
Meg

I guess the £10 topup provides free text, 100mins and 100Mb mobile. Are you using the phone for a lot of calls and using the data service frequently. I would guess that its something to do with the data service.

I use 3 with a £10 topup converted to add ons, which provides 100 text 100 mins and 500Mb data (650 with the additional 150 for topping up) and that lasts easily the month without going over on any part of the package.

consider spending a little bit more and go with giffgaff .

£12 gets you 250 minutes , unlimited text , unlimited internet and free calls too others on gffgaff , and free calls to 0800 numbers .

check the coverage first by using the checker on o2 website as giffgaff use the o2 network .

but i cannot see why your using data if your turning it off .

either way asda only give you 100mb of data on a £10 top up which is very very poor !

Thank you both for your replies - very helpful. From what your saying I definitely should go elsewhere.

Giffgaff looks a much better deal and I would not have to worry about exceeding my data allowance. I'll go now and see what the coverage is like for Fife.

Thank you very much
Meg

There are certainly better deals around than that being offered by ASDA, however if you purchased your phone from them you may be charged to unlock it to be able to use other SIM cards on the phone.

The whole idea of the smartphone is that you can use it outside the house for Phone and Internet, the ASDA £10 deal appears to restrict you too much, and 100Mb of data for a month isn't a whole lot.

The only explanation for the short duration of your £10 Topup can only be the Data service, which should be turned off when you go through the action of switching off Packet Data.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom