1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help on HDTV stuff...newbie

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by lazyrunner50, Jun 27, 2004.

1. lazyrunner50

lazyrunner50

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey everyone. I am a complete newbie to the world of HDTV, and I have a couple questions.

I just got a Zenith 32v37 TV, and I am wondering how I can clean up the display. It is a great looking TV, but the picture clarity is not all that great. It looks kind of smudged like an oil painting or something. It is not terribly all that bad, but lines appear a little jagged and when I try to read the fine print on things like car commercials I have to squint.

I am getting digital cable from Time Warner. The cable box they gave me has component, s-video, and coax outputs. I am currently using the coax output. Should I use one of the other ones?

Also, I read something about needing an antenna for HDTV....what is that all about? Can I not get HDTV channels through digital cable?

Help!!

2. fatbob

fatbob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This forum is for UK based equipment. I'm afraid we can't offer much assistance, given that we don't have HDTV. Things are so basic other here that we consider ourselves lucky if a tv has progressive component inputs. :confused:

If you follow this link you should be able to find someone to help you.

3. lazyrunner50

lazyrunner50

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ha ha thanks. I figured I'd give this a try even though it was meant for British people. Actually this was the first usergroup that came up when I went to Google. I guess I can cut y'all some slack though...I mean you drive on the wrong side of the road for pete's sake!