Question HELP-On deciding which OLED to buy.

Bunree

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have been doing some research into buying my first OLED tv but I am becoming increasingly confused as to which one to buy. I will be upgrading from a 9th gen Pioneer Kuro which I bought 10 years ago.
I usually watch Netflix, Amazon Prime, Apple 4K and HD Virgin Media cable including movies and sport. Also gaming on an X-box which I may use to play 4K Bluray.
At the moment the LG B8 looks a good buy at £1299, however the C8 or E8,both at £1999, sound better on paper. Is there any real visual difference between them or would I be wasting my money on the more expensive models. Also are the Panasonic 55FZ952B at £1999 and Sony AF8 at £1799 better bets and worth considering. I probably should mention I am currently unable to view these products in store due to injuries sustained in an RTA, therefore all my research has been done online.
Any advice would be appreciated.

FWIW, I spoke to C&M today to see if they could do any better prices on the 55B8 and they offered it to me for £1150 (apparently this is what it is going to be over Christmas/Boxing Day). Richer Sounds should price beat this by £20 so it can be had for £1130 which does look to be a decent deal. I then went into RS near where I live and spent a good while in there with the guys comparing it with the C8 and a couple of other sets. While I could see little difference between the B8 and C8 side by side in most instances, it did seem clear to my amateurish eyes that the C8 was dealing with motion in a more satisfying way. I did have a Panasonic 55EZ952 (last years model) until last week but unfortunately had to return it as it had developed a fault. In the time that I had that set it was fabulous for watching movies and I am sure the newer model would be even better. While, IMHO, the C8 and panny would be better choices that the 55B8 it is questionable from my experience whether they are worth £500-£750 more as it appears all sets have their quirks/issues no matter what you spend. Have you checked out Dodgexander's guides as they will no doubt be a useful read?

Last edited:
Also are the Panasonic 55FZ952B at £1999
I'd also consider the FZ802 if you don't need the soundbar and extra full bandwidth hdmi ports, this could be had for £1300 on black friday so I'd assume it'll drop again in a few months if you can't find a retailer that'll offer close to this over the phone.

I did consider the LGs but the audio sync issues put me off them and when the FZ802 became cheaper than the C8 it was a no-brainer for me.

Thanks to everyone who replied, great advice which has helped, although I am still not sure which option to take. It would be so much easier if I could see them in store :)
Excuse my lack of techie knowledge but what are the LG audio sync issues mentioned by Wayfairing Stranger in the post above.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom