help on custom firmware changes on psp

saynor1106

Ive recently just had the same problem as i was using 4.01 m33-2 on a phat psp1000 the safe way is to go through the updates instead of straight to the newest. so you start with 5.00 m33-6, this takes you to the latest M33 update

you will find this here ( File Details-CFW-5.00-M33-6-PSP - )
you also nee the offical sony update 5.00 and you will find this here ( PSP Downloads | 5.00 Firmware Update )

unzip both files and rename the offical sony update to 500.PBP then put this in the same update folder extracted from the other zip.

to install, put the update folder in PSP/GAME/ on the psp and run
There, now you have 5.00 M33-6

delete the update folder off the psp now

now you have to go from updates gen-a to gen-b to gen-b2

Gen-a Found here ( File Details-Custom-Firmware-5.50GEN-A-Build-4-PSP - )

unzip and put the UPDATE file into PSP/GAME again and run
Done

now get gen-b here and do the same as above and run( File Details-Custom-Firmware-5.50GEN-B-PSP - )

when you have done this check your psp system information and you should see gen-b(full)

now get ( File Details-Custom-Firmware-5.50GEN-B2-PSP-Homebrew-Applications - ) and run as the same as the rest..

now you are done your system information will still say gen-b(full) still as the b2 was just a small update

THIS IS THE BEST WAY AS IVE WITNESSED A BRICKING FROM GOING STRAIGHT TO THE GEN-B UPDATE

most games will now work but if you will still need 2 programs called UMDgen4 and Yoshihiro's Decrypter V2 and these will change the eboots on how the games load up...see link (How to use Yoshihiro's decrypter to play 5.55 / 6.0 psp games | Free PSP Game dowloads iso cso psx all full no trial )
follow these instructions and you will be away with the new GT, FIFA etc and future releases (you are the man Yoshihiro):smashin:
<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

saynor1106

Not had any issues reported by updating from m33 to 5.50 GEN-B2 in one easy step

using Yoshihiro's XGEN Updater v2, the easy installer for 5.50 GEN-B2

thats cool, i didnt even know that he had done one, he didnt have it out when i updated mine. this new one was created 1st of october so not too long ago..... thanks for bringing this to my attention
:thumbsup: yoshihiro rules

Mitch2791

Apart from the obvious of playing the newer games, is there any benefit of updating to this, or should I just wait for a new m33 update?

saynor1106

Apart from the obvious of playing the newer games, is there any benefit of updating to this, or should I just wait for a new m33 update?

The reason i updated to Gen-b2 is because M33 was no more, dark alex who created it said he was no longer doing it.... and his website has been down for a while now too so i wasnt going to wait about.....gen-b2 just as good trust me,:smashin:

MetalNigel

Do you need to use the pandora battery again to update from m33 to 5.50 GEN-B2?.Just that i want to play newer games like GT and GTA-CTW but i dont have access to the pandora battery anymore?,big thanks to anyone that helps:thumbsup:

ghostorm

Do you need to use the pandora battery again to update from m33 to 5.50 GEN-B2?.Just that i want to play newer games like GT and GTA-CTW but i dont have access to the pandora battery anymore?,big thanks to anyone that helps:thumbsup:

You can play both GT and GTA-CTW on CFW 5.00 m33-6 :thumbsup:

saynor1106

I think my mates lads is M33 3.8 i assume you can jump straight to 5.5 gen B2 with this download link then. Can someone just confirm so i don't cock it up. Ta

cant confirm but have been told it works, but if your not too sure about it just follow my steps at start of thread for updating, i was on a earlier m33 and now im gen-b2, works perfect and just make sure you psp is fully charged when doing so.... :smashin:

Scotty

thanks for that mate, thanks button clicked! i updated to 5.00 M33-6 last night, and just came on here for a browse and saw your post...nice one!

Glad to help :thumbsup: and then you can update to 5.50 GEN-D and D2 - more details here and here

There are some nice tweeks on these updates

Last edited:

snooper

zip.
most games will now work but if you will still need 2 programs called UMDgen4 and Yoshihiro's Decrypter V2 and these will change the eboots on how the games load up...see link (How to use Yoshihiro's decrypter to play 5.55 / 6.0 psp games | Free PSP Game dowloads iso cso psx all full no trial )
follow these instructions and you will be away with the new GT, FIFA etc and future releases (you are the man Yoshihiro):smashin:
<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

Hi mate got upto 5.50GEN B (eventually) and fifa 10 works ok can you just clarify this bottom bit for me regarding any new games that won't work. Do i have to follow that link and patch the games or install say 5.50 D to get them to run as i am a bit unsure pal. Thanks for your help anyway pal

fruityloop

Hi mate got upto 5.50GEN B (eventually) and fifa 10 works ok can you just clarify this bottom bit for me regarding any new games that won't work. Do i have to follow that link and patch the games or install say 5.50 D to get them to run as i am a bit unsure pal. Thanks for your help anyway pal

from what ive read gen b you have to patch games,gen d you dont.

dazzle555

Standard Member
hi people,,, just charging psp up and then gunna update cfw to 5.50 gen,,,

2 questions for anybody,,,,does the update file go in the root of mem stick or the game folder,... and will this update effect the games already on mem card ,,,,,,cheers in advance

dazzle555

currently phat 1000 cfw 5.00 m33 6

Kijoki

Standard Member
Put the update in game folder and also it will not affect your games in any way. Put the 550.pbp on root.

kBm

Distinguished Member
hi people,,, just charging psp up and then gunna update cfw to 5.50 gen,,,

2 questions for anybody,,,,does the update file go in the root of mem stick or the game folder,... and will this update effect the games already on mem card ,,,,,,cheers in advance

dazzle555

currently phat 1000 cfw 5.00 m33 6

The process is actually very simple - i did it with youtube holding my hand! :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
AV Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
REL Acoustics announces new Serie HT subwoofer trio