1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help on calibrating tft

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by robbster, Dec 30, 2004.

1. robbster

robbster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    hi

I bought an iiyama prolite e435s over christmas and am having a bit of difficulty setting it up to how i like it. The problem is that it just seems too bright compared to my old iiyama CRT. ive turned the brightness and contrast down to 0, messed around with the colours etc but still it seems to bright. Infact with the brightness and contrast down it just seems washed out, and with the contrast up it hurts my eyes. I think it could be the gamma setting on the monitor that too high as it has 3 gamma modes preset OFF, MODE 1 and MODE 2. With it off it is too high, mode 1 is even higher, mode 2 helps to darken things down but then its too dark on my games and all the colours are messed up. So i messed around in windows to find a gamma setting for my ATI card which I didnt really want to do but that seems to help. The thing is the gamma settings in the ATI colour tab dont always seem to work too well and revert back to the default settings upon changing from games to windows etc meaning I have to keep going to the colour tab all the time. I think finding the service menu would be ideal if it has a gamma setting in there but i dont know the code. Any advice would be helpfu :) l

Cheers

Rob