Help on buying please

Irishtom

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a budget of around £400 Max which I would like to spend on a digital projector. I wish to use it for slide shows and some digital photographs in a room with a capacity of maybe 45 people present. In summer evening the room lets in a fair amount of light even with curtains closed.
There are so many models it just becomes a tad confusing.
Anyway I have fixed my sights on two models:

Sony EX5
Epson EB-X62

I would appreciate if anyone could give me some pointers and advise me on the two choices I have come up with.

Many thanks in advance.
Tom

Chin up Tom, it's probably a bit quieter than usuall around here what with the beautiful weather and depressed economic climate.

I think with your requirements you're probably going to need a data projector rather than a home theatre pj, data pjs tend to be a fair bit brighter as they're designed for use with ambient light. That brightness will come at the expense of image quality though.
Unfortunately I don't know much about these sorts of pjs so I'm not sure what more advice I can give you really. I note that the one's you've listed appear to be data pjs, but I wouldn't know which is better to be honest.

Chin up Tom, it's probably a bit quieter than usuall around here what with the beautiful weather and depressed economic climate.

I think with your requirements you're probably going to need a data projector rather than a home theatre pj, data pjs tend to be a fair bit brighter as they're designed for use with ambient light. That brightness will come at the expense of image quality though.
Unfortunately I don't know much about these sorts of pjs so I'm not sure what more advice I can give you really. I note that the one's you've listed appear to be data pjs, but I wouldn't know which is better to be honest.

Thank you so much SS for taking the time. Hopefully some others might be able to offer some advice.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom