Help on buying Anp & Speakers for £2000

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by benzig, Sep 3, 2007.

1. benzig

benzig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I am currently spending half my life reading and reviewing amplifiers and speakers and trying to come up with a suitable setup for my new home, I have a HD Ready TV and would like to run my 360 and skyHD through the HD cables via the Amp, and also my DVD Recorder.

As for speakers I would like to go 5.1 with some nice sounding speakers suitable for music as well as films etc.

Can anyone advise on a good combination around the £2000 mark, or just over if it makes a huge difference.

Many Thanks.
    Ben.

2. Member 639844

Member 639844
    Former Advertiser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,182
    I'm in the process of doing the same thing, I'm looking at an Onkyo Receiver, the TX-SR875 and looking at putting some Kef speakers with it(3005's) , they come in a 5.1 package. I'm going to be auditioning these in a couple of weeks or so and both the Receiver/Amplifier and speakers have got cracking reviews.
    Might be worth a look for you, and it would sreve all your connectivity needs.

3. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,238
    You would be better off in the Home Cinema forums as this is really more directed to 2 channel equipment.