• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help on Amp and speakers

Fadburty

Novice Member
Hi guys

I'm a complete novice when it comes to Home Audio; I am looking for an amp and two speakers for the loft room. I can't fit a surround sound unfortunately so I'm after a amp that would be good enough to power two large standing speakers. Problem is there's so much out there not sure what to go for ? Budget for everything is up to 800 unless recommended to spend more. Thanks

gibbsy

If you've not got the room for a 5.1 then I doubt very much that you have the room for a pair of large floorstanders either.

Fadburty

Novice Member
I could fit 5.1 but to fully maximise it shouldn't it be around the room? I could only have it facing front to the viewer.(by the tv)

My thoughts was to get two large standing speakers and an amp.....but not sure what to go for

In terms of source it would be

Tv
Alexa
Chromecast
Firestick
And maybe an ps4

gibbsy

Put too large a speaker in too small a room, or restricted space such as one with a vaulted ceiling and that could be really detrimental to good audio. Put a plan up of your room with dimensions to be more beneficial help.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom